Our lawyers have a long experience working with defence, aerospace, and aviation companies.
We count as our major clients many of the leading prime contractors who provide military and commercial aerospace products. We have the expertise to advise and assist our aviation-related business clients with matters involving products liability issues, regulatory requirements, insurance issues, contract drafting, contract negotiation, financing and leasing questions.
Our aviation experience also includes administering and defending claims, product liability counselling, investigating the factual background of an accident or incident, assisting our clients during investigations conducted by governmental investigative agencies.
Examples of our lawyers’ experience include:
- Acting for the claimants in three high profile ICC arbitrations against a major European defence and aerospace manufacturer.
- Acting as preferred external counsel for two major US aeronautics industries in the MENA region. Our duties involve advising on transactions, drafting of contracts, conducting litigation and advising on issues of commercial and corporate law, labour and employment law, contract law, FCPA related issues, Agencies and Distribution Agreements.
- Advising a major US aerospace industry in a Joint Venture with a Qatari governmental entity.
- The task involved review and drafting of documents and advising on several issues of Qatari’s law.
- Advising a European defence and aviation company on the termination of an agency agreement in an Arab country.
- Representing the families of victims of an airplane crash in Lebanon in a dispute against the airline and the insurers.
- Acting for a French defence company in two UNCITRAL arbitrations related to termination of agency contracts.
- Representing an Arab party in a litigation before French courts in relation with a defence procurement contract involving issues of state immunities, bank guaranties, embargo and public international law.