We provide assistance with respect to transfers, establishment of new power production plants, project finance, electricity supply agreements, as well 0as licence issues. We also deal with issues relating to the electricity market, for example within the areas of electricity trade, electricity distribution. For power production matters, we also have lawyers who are specialised in issues arising in connection with project development and financing of renewable power production.
SAAS’ lawyers advise oil and gas companies service providers and governmental agencies in the oil and gas industry on issues ranging from foreign direct investments and licensing to the negotiation and documentation of PSCs, licensing, tender processes and procurement, acquisitions, sales contracts, competition law and environmental law issues for upstream and downstream activity.
Examples of our lawyers’ experience include:
- Chairing an ICC Tribunal in Paris in a dispute related to the sale of crude oil involving issues of Public International Law.
- Acting as legal adviser to the Lebanese governmental Task Force on Petroleum in charge of drafting the law and regulations governing Lebanon’s Petroleum Sovereign Fund.
- Advising a Spanish-Lebanese consortium during the public procurement process related to the construction of a power station in Lebanon and on a related potential ICSID claim thereafter.
- Providing legal advice to an Indian client during the public procurement process related to the construction of a power station in Lebanon. Task included review of the tender’s conditions and the general conditions of contract and provide an-extensive legal opinion.
- Providing legal advice to the Lebanese authorities for the purpose of establishing an Petroleum Sovereign Fund.
- Advising on the restructuring of a French company in the renewable energy sector.
- Advising a service provider in the electricity sector during negotiations to secure MIGA’s coverage for its contract with the Lebanese authorities. Task included review of substantial contractual documentation and provision of several legal opinions.
- Advising a service provider in the electricity sector in in the negotiation of financing by a European bank.