Our lawyers combine a strong record of advising on administrative/public law matters including public procurement and government contracts, with an understanding of local policy requirements in the various sectors and industries and a depth of litigation experience in appearing at all levels of administrative Courts.
The firm’s lawyers have been involved in some corporatization, PPP and privatisation projects and are well equipped to act on behalf of Governments & Government Business Enterprises, Purchasers, Underwriters and Financial Institutions.
We also have an experience of constitutional and electoral law matters and provide advice on these matters and appear in related challenges before the relevant courts.
Examples of our lawyers’ experience include:
- Provided conceptual and legal advice for a Public Private Partnership in connection with the creation and regulation of Regional Development Agency in Lebanon on behalf of the Ministry of Administrative Reform. Drafted the Agency internal draft regulations.
- Advising Lebanon’s Investment Development Authority in the assessment of its Promotion Programmes, including undertaking a complete assessment of the Export Promotion programmes run by the Investment Development Authority of Lebanon (IDAL) and reviewing, analysing and assessing the two programmes separately, and provide a long-term strategy for each programmes.
- Advising the Ministry of Finance of Lebanon in the preparation of a strategic and time bound framework for the implementation of the recommended reform measures, in view of a subsequent drafting and introduction of an Organic Budget Law.
- Representing clients in challenges against the results of political and local elections.
- Representing clients in challenges related to tenders and procurement matters before administrative courts.
- Providing assistance and advice to the 9th Francophone Summit Organisation Authority on the legal issues in connection with the summit as well as drafting and reviewing contacts and agreements with major local and international public and private partners.
- Intervening by way of amicus curiae on behalf of the Council of Notaries in Lebanon before the Constitutional Council of Lebanon in a challenge against the constitutionality of a legislation amending certain provisions of the Law on the Profession of Notary.