Our lawyers advises and assists both local and foreign clients in the technology and telecommunications sectors. Our services include advising on regulatory approvals, corporate structures, employment, intellectual property rights, tax issues and drafting joint venture agreements, articles of association, technical assistance and management agreements. We also act as parties’ counsel and arbitrators in technology and telecommunications related disputes.
Our lawyers have experience in representing both emerging growth companies and venture capital funds in the sector.
- Advising the shareholders of a Lebanese start-up in a landmark deal for the Arab world, in the acquisition of the start-up by a large Japanese technology company. This acquisition is the first of its kind from a Japanese technology company in the MENA.
- Advising a major French telecom operator in connection with the privatisation of the public telephone network in Lebanon.
- Advising on the restructuring a group of companies in the telecommunications industry with affiliates and subsidiaries in several Arab and European countries involving transfer of licences and other regulatory issues.
- Advising for the setting-up of a Satellite telecommunications engineering company in Lebanon and Switzerland and acting as external legal adviser to the group.
- Advising a major Insurance company in the organisation of a JV with a mobile operator for the establishment of a micro-insurance scheme via text message, involving substantive legal advice and negotiation with the operator and regulator.
- Representing a Lebanese Mobile Operator before the Council of State (Supreme Administrative Court) of Lebanon in a dispute with the Ministry of Telecommunications related to the use of Government owned telephone interconnection and the legal consequence pertaining thereupon.
- Acting for a Lebanese Mobile Operator in arbitration proceedings in connection with a contractual dispute concerning prepaid lines.
- Acting for a Lebanese Mobile Operator in an ICC arbitration in Geneva in connection with an alleged breach of a Data Clearing Contract.
- Acting a Lebanese Mobile Operator in a dispute against an African mobile operator and related ICC arbitration proceedings involving issues of liabilities for fraud and hacking of international lines.